What NOT to Bring to Your Child’s Dorm RoomAugust 20, 2019
Traveling to/from UIUCDecember 10, 2019
Total of $14,431 given to nine organizations in 2019
The Dads Association at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign recently announced the recipients of the 2019 Dads Association Grant Program. This year’s grant recipients are:
- University of Illinois Police Department, $1,931 awarded for the purchase of a new bicycle so that the department can increase its bicycle patrols.
- MakerGirl, $2,000 awarded to help fund the MakerGirl Academy at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, which works with elementary school girls in Champaign County to teach them about Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math using 3D printing technology..
- Jubilee Cafe CUCC, $2,000 awarded to continuing serving meals to food insecure students from the University of Illinois, people from Community United Church of Christ (their host space), and community members who do not have a permanent address..
- Students Consulting for Nonprofit Organization, $2,000 awarded for its continuing efforts to provide pro-bono consulting services to nonprofits while developing the professional skills of its members..
- Illini Media, $2,000 awarded to help rebuild the WPGU radio studio, which was recently devastated by a flood..
- Illinois XC Club, $1,000 awarded to continue creating and fostering a competitive and friendly environment that gives runners as many opportunities as possible to improve as runners and grow as individuals..
- Colleges Against Cancer, $1,500 awarded for its continuing efforts to fight cancer, including cancer education, advocacy, survivor and caregiver engagement, and the Relay For Life..
- Engineers in Action Bridge Program, $1,000 awarded to help design and build a bridge in either Bolivia or Eswatini, which will build opportunity and empower these rurally isolated communities who cannot safely access markets and public facilities due to an impassable river.
- Acts Campus Ministry at UIUC, $1,000 awarded to provide alternative social programming to create community on campus and among ministry membership, providing a space for clean fun for students who aren't interested in the typical campus party environment.
The Dads Association is proud to support these organizations and their worthy endeavors.
“This year, we are excited to have exceeded our fundraising goals to allow us to award grant money to so many deserving organizations,” states Chuck Dushman, President of the Illini Dads Association. “When we looked at the needs and visions of all of the organizations, each one of them were extremely worthy, but we are excited how these nine recipients will utilize the grants to make a difference in the world around them.”
For more information about grants and the Dads Association, please visit the Dads Association website at www.illinidads.com or call the Illini Union Parent and Family Programs Office at (217) 333-7063.
The Dads Association at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization established in 1922, is one of the nation’s oldest and continuously running collegiate parent organization. In conjunction with the Illini Union Parent and Family Programs Office, the Illini Dads Board Members plan, organize, and operate all facets of Dads Weekend, the net proceeds of which fund its philanthropic activities. In addition to awarding annual grands, each year the Dads Association also awards scholarships in the amount of $2000 to exceptional students with financial needs. The Dads Association is dedicated to supporting programs, services, and activities that promote the health, safety, and well-being of the University community. For more information, visit our website at www.illinidads.com.