2019 Dads Weekend
Join your student(s) for a beautiful Fall weekend in Champaign-Urbana for a what is always a fantastic weekend full of fun events, including our inaugural IlliniDads 5K on Sunday morning. We have something for everyone, and everyone in your family is invited.
All profits from ticket sales support Illini Dads Association projects, including scholarships and grants for U of I students. Thank you for your support!
Tickets go on sale in July 2019. More info to follow
The Illini Dads Association does not process refunds. All sales are final. If you are looking to sell your ticket you can do so by selling them via the Dads Weekend Ticket Exchange Facebook page.
Friday, November 1st, 2019
Illini Men’s Basketball Game vs. TBD
Enjoy a night at the State Farm Center cheering on the Fighting Illini to kickoff Dads Weekend!
- State Farm Center
- Time TBD
Illini Men’s Hockey vs. TBD
Get to the UI Ice Arena and watch the 2019 11th ranked Illini breakaway to another victory as they march to D1 status!
Saturday, November 2st, 2019
Nothing says college football like the smell of fresh BBQ! Get your tickets today to the Dads Weekend Pre-Game BBQ inside the Large Gym at the ARC (Activities and Recreation Center next door to Memorial Stadium), before heading to the Illini Men’s Football game.
- Large Gym at the ARC (Activities and Recreation Center)
- Time TBD (always 2 hours before kickoff till kickoff)
Illini Football Game vs. Rutgers
Cheer on the men’s Fighting Illini football team as they compete on Dads Weekend! You will also get to see the crowing of the new King Dad on the Memorial Stadium field.
- Memorial Stadium
- Time TBD
An A cappella All-Star Concert with Special Guest Artist
End your Saturday with an evening concert featuring the award winning Illini student a cappella group No Comment and the amazing Girls Next Door. As always there will be a surprise guest act to make this a special Dads Weekend concert extravaganza.
- Follinger Hall
- 7:30pm - 9:30pm
Inaugural IlliniDads 5K Fun run
Start your Sunday morning with a beautiful run through the oasis of natural beauty at the University of Illinois Arboretum. This inaugural event is sure to sellout, so reserve your spot now.
- University of Illinois Arboretum(South Lincoln & Florida Avenues)
Sunday, November 3st, 2019
Illini Dad’s Sunday Brunch
Finally, nothing says you had a great weekend like a relaxed, delicious brunch with your family and friends.
- Illini Union
- 11:00 am - 1 pm
- Dads Pre-Game BBQ and football game tickets need to be purchased for every guest, including U of I students. Student or other regular season ticket holders may not use their regular season ticket to sit in the special Dads Weekend section.
- Parking on weekends is free in many of the parking garages and employee parking lots on campus. Two of the garages closest to the Illini Union are on the corners of Fifth and Daniel and John and Sixth Streets, both in Champaign, no more than two blocks west of the Illini Union. Please see our campus parking map for more information or the University's Parking Department website.
- For Saturday’s game day parking information, visit the Parking Department by clicking here. Parking is severely restricted and roads around the ARC are closed on game days. For parking on Friday or Sunday around the Illini Union, parking is free in most university lots (please make sure to read parking signs, as some lots/spaces are enforced 24 hours/7 days a week.) Visit the parking website to see parking maps near the Union.