Dads Weekend is dedicated to and created especially for all father-figures of University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign students. King Dad nominees clearly demonstrate a commitment to their role as a father, and are a role model of honesty and patience.
The recipient of the King Dad title will be announced and honored during the Dads Weekend football game. King Dad will receive complimentary hotel room at the Illini Union for Friday and Saturday night and tickets for up to 4 family members to all Dads Weekend events sponsored by the Dads Association.
To Submit Your Nomination: Simply complete the application (King Dad Application). Nominations open up each Fall, approximately August.
To be considered for King Dad, you and your Dad must be available to attend the Dads Weekend activities from Saturday morning through Sunday morning. This includes complimentary tickets to the following events:
- Meet with Dad's Association representative at Illini Union on Friday evening between 5-6 PM to coordinate weekend events (and pick up some UofI swag);
- Attend an “invitation only” special brunch on Saturday with the Chancellor (mandatory);
- Attend the Saturday football game where King Dad will be crowned on the field during the game (mandatory);
- Attend the men’s hockey or basketball game (if scheduled - optional);
- Attend the concert on Saturday night (optional);
- Attend the Sunday brunch (optional).
Please limit your essay to no more than 250 words.
Please write your essay to the theme – “What My Father Means to Me.”
Some criteria to consider:
- How your Father shows his commitment to his role as a Father.
- How he is a role model of Honesty and Patience.
Please submit your completed nomination at https://illinois.edu/fb/sec/1862899 by 5:00 p.m., Monday, TBD. Late entries will not be considered. Only one entry per student.
The finalists will be notified of their selection via the student’s e-mail address, at which time the student must provide a recent photo of their Dad to the Illini Union Parent and Family Programs Office, 227 Illini Union, for use in promotional material.
Questions should be directed to Zuri White at firstname.lastname@example.org or 217-333-7063.