One of the primary purposes of The Dads Association at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is to support Illini students in the pursuit of their academic goals. To that end, The Dads Association awards several $2,000 scholarships annually to students who show both merit and need as determined by the Dads Association.
To be eligible for an Illini Dads Association scholarship, you must:
- Be a full time (12 or more credit hours per semester) undergraduate student at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign,
- Have completed the FAFSA,
- Have an application for financial assistance on file with the Office of Financial Aid, and
- Complete and submit the scholarship application.
- Applications for 2022-2023 scholarships is accepted between June 1st and November 21st.
- Scholarships are awarded in January 2023 and paid directly to the university as tuition reimbursement for the Spring semester.
- The enrollment status and financial need of scholarship finalists will be verified by the University of Illinois Office of Admissions.
- Scholarship recipients authorize their names and images to be shared publicly in Illini Dads Association communications.
How to Apply
- Your contact and academic information
- Responses to the essay questions
- The Financial Aid Award Statement
- Acceptance of Terms and Conditions:
In compliance with FERPA, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 as amended, information held by your school may not be released to a third party without written permission. The University of Illinois Dads Association will not ask for any information that you have not willingly provided via this application. However, the following information will be verified by the Student Financial Aid Office at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign to confirm your eligibility:
- Confirmation that you are enrolled as a full-time student (minimum 12 credit hours),
- Confirmation of financial need,
- Any other reasonable information concerning your college attendance for which the Dads Association needs clarification.
The Dads Association will not consider incomplete applications. Be sure that you’ve answered each question completely and accurately.
If you have questions, contact the Illini Union Parent and Family Programs Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (217) 333-7063.